Stop Education Attacks*
All three of these bills are moving through committee the week of March 20:
- SB1657 would be the largest ESA voucher expansion in Arizona history — far bigger than the bill that became Prop 305.
- HB2284 uses a striker to revive school takeover bill HB2808, punishing “failing schools” by forcibly taking them over or shutting them down.
- HCR2001 would amend the state constitution to ban the accurate teaching of history in the name of stopping “reverse racism” and “critical race theory.”
Any one of these bills would be disastrous for the public schools Arizona communities depend on. Together, they’d be a death blow. Here’s how you can help stop them.
For HB2284 and HCR2001:
Call and email the following senators to ask them to vote NO on both bills:
- Boyer (602-926-4173 / email@example.com )
- Pace (602-926-5760 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Shope (602-926-3012 / email@example.com )
- Gray (602-926-5413 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Barto (602-926-5766 / email@example.com )
Call and email the following representatives to ask them to vote NO:
- Bolick (602-926-3244 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Cobb (602-926-3126 / email@example.com )
- Dunn (602-926-4139 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Diaz (602-926-4852 / email@example.com )
- Barton (602-926-3421 / firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Grantham (602-926-4868 / email@example.com )
*From Legislative Weekly, March 19, 2022.