Arizonans for Fair Elections Act*
NOTE: The petition for this initiative is available for signing at the Green Valley Democrats Headquarters in Continental Plaza, Green Valley, open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
There is a new Citizens Initiative creating a series of VOTING RIGHTS statutes that address both the AZ voting suppression bills passed in 2021 and some of those being considered in 2022 by the AZ Legislature. The initiative, if passed, will:
1) Re-establish the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) and sets up means of automatic voter registration that also include fail safes against abuse,
2) Allow entrusted people to return one’s early ballot,
3) Create a funding sources to bolster the Clean Elections ability to support candidates who reject corporate/PAC donations,
4) Allow early voting up until day before election day and permits voter registration up to election day,
5) Eliminate the Legislature from being able to substitute their preferred electors in a presidential election,
6) Protect ballot privacy,
7) Give Tribes more say as to their voting times, places and practices,
8) Re-establish grants to local election offices for needed election infrastructure,
9) Remove some of the tedious hurdles enacted to make ballot initiative signature gathering extremely difficult.
The Initiative needs 237,645 valid signatures by early July.
Volunteer NOW to circulate petitions.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER: https://azfe.org/volunteer/
Arizonans for Fair Elections is an unprecedented coalition of state and local organizations, community groups and volunteers,working together to protect our democracy!
*From Civic Engagement Beyond Voting, March 20, 2022